Schoolboy

Wrestling to Participate in 2019 ISF Combat Games with World Level Schoolboy Event

By United World Wrestling Press

CORSIER-SUR-VEVEY (June 25) -- United World Wrestling met the International School Sport Federation (ISF) met last week in Györ during the School European Championships in order to speak about the next Combat Games that will be organized by ISF and the Hungarian Sport School Federation.

The event was also an opportunity for the ISF to watch a School-level event as organized by United World Wrestling. With more than 600 athletes the participation showed that the age category is getting more popular.

The meeting was organized June 16 with Mr. Tzeno Tzenov, UWW Vice-President and UWW Europe President; Mr. Tibor Farkas and Peter Bacsa of the Hungarian Wrestling Federation; Mr. Francesco Fiorini, Sports and Development Manager of the ISF; Ms. Eszter Szollos, Events Dpt Manager at the Hungarian School Sport Federation; and Jean-Daniel Rey, UWW Sports Director.

During that meeting, Schoolboys were confirmed as the age category for the next ISF Combat Games. The 10 weight categories per style will be organized in Budapest. This event will be organized in the middle of June and will be composed with four Combat Sports (Judo, Karate, Taekwondo and Wrestling).

This age category was chosen in order to see if there is a big interest around the world as United World Wrestling doesn’t currently organize Schoolboys world-level event.

Mr. Tzenov said that he is very confident for this organization as the Hungarian Wrestling Federation knows how to organize great wrestling event. With a good collaboration between the National Wrestling Federation and the National School Sport Federation, there is no doubt that all sides will enjoy a great event.

#WrestleTirana

UWW Europe Concludes General Assembly in Tirana

By United World Wrestling Press

TIRANA, Albania (April 19) — The United World Wrestling European Council held its General Assembly in Tirana on Sunday, on the eve of the European Championships.

The Assembly was chaired by Europe Council President Karl Martin DITTMANN. It was attended by UWW President Nenad LALOVIC, the Council members as well as Secretary General Carlos ROY. Representatives from 30 National Federations were also registered. 

Dittmann presented the annual report of UWW Europe along with finance, budget and program reports.

Lalovic addressed the Assembly and focused on the aspects of developing wrestling and increasing the visibility of the sport.

“We are trying to be one of the most interesting sport to be followed by spectators on television, social media and our platform where we have achieved good results,” Lalovic said. “We believe that we can do much better and we are focused on that”

From the annual report of European Council, a special report was presented on the promotional program for Women’s Wrestling Europe.

Started in 2023, the project was continued in 2024 and 2025 with 11 countries selected for promotion last year. 

These countries were Austria, Croatia, Spain, Estonia, Finland, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Switzerland and Sweden.

The postponed project for GBR from 2024 was implemented in 2025.

UWW Europe also developed its own website to achieve better visibility. The new website is - uww-europe.eu.